Retainer Repair in Wellington Available at Family Orthodontics
As we age, our teeth start push towards the middle of the mouth. When this occurs, crowding starts to occur, as well. In order to ensure that the teeth remain straight or to correct misalignment issues within the mouth, retainers must be used. The retainers used may be removable appliances or fixed devices. If you discover that your retainer has been damaged, it is essential that you address the issue with the professionals at Family Orthodontics right away.
Broken retainers will not be effective in correcting misalignments in the mouth, could worsen misalignments and could prove to be potentially challenging to your health – especially if the device breaks through the soft tissue of the mouth and you experience an infection. In this brief guide, you will learn many basic facts pertaining to retainers and Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida.
Which Types of Retainers are the Best?
In order to avoid the complications associated with broken retainers, many patients inquire as to whether or not there is a type of retainer that is considered to be the “Best”. The answer to this question is both “Yes” and “No”. When an orthodontist prescribes a retainer, there are many factors that must be considered in order to determine the best type of retainer. However, these factors are heavily dependent upon your individual situation. In other words, there is a retainer that is best for you, as an individual, but not a best type of retainer available on the market, in general.
The following outlines the most basic factors that are considered by the professionals at Family Orthodontics in order to determine the best type of retainers for your individual needs:
- The severity of the misalignment of the mouth must be considered prior to determining the best type of retainer for your needs.
- The thrust of the tongue must be evaluated to ensure that you have the right orthodontic device.
- If you experience complications such as grinding your teeth at night or issues with your airway, the professionals at Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida will work closely with you to determine which retainer is best for you and least likely to experience breakage.
- Your dental hygiene and your age are carefully considered by the orthodontic specialist in order to make a determination about which type of retainer is best for you.
According to statistics, approximately 58% of all of the retainers that are prescribed by Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida are removable. The other 42% that are prescribed are fixed retainer appliances. Based on the information acquired from a variety of orthodontic facilities, both types of retainers have about the same percentages when it comes to breakage.
This means, that regardless of what type of retainer you are prescribed, you are likely to experience some degree of breakage, as time progresses. The likelihood of this occurring also depends on your personal habits and if the teeth that are being straightened experience relapses.
Our Retainer Repair in Wellington
If you do get a dental retainer and find that it becomes damaged, you should immediately take it for repair at Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida. The orthodontists and lab technicians available at our orthodontic office will be able to successfully correct any and all issues associated with the device.
Tips to Reduce Retainer Damage
While it is easy to get your retainer repaired at Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida, there are some steps that you may take in order to reduce damage to your dental device. Adhering to the following tips may help you keep your retainer in the best shape possible:
- It is advised that you ensure that you wear your retainer exactly as prescribed by the orthodontist.
- If you find the device is uncomfortable or creates sores on the soft tissues of the mouth, it is important to set up an appointment at Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida to determine if an adjustment is necessary. However, until you are advised by the professionals at Family Orthodontics, you should not remove the retainer from your mouth.
- It is essential that you clean your teeth, gums and the retainer on a daily basis. Not only is good dental hygiene essential for a healthy mouth, but it also helps preserve the retainer.
If your retainer does break, despite your best efforts, it is important that you visit Family Orthodontics in Wellington, Florida as soon as possible to have your retianerrepaired.
Our state-of-the-art orthodontic office offers numerous orthodontic services and treatments that are technologically advanced, such as the Damon System, 3D animations, Invisalign, and digital charting.
Once you visit Family Orthodontics and deal with the professionals at the establishment, you will discover why all of their current patients are smiling!
Contact us today to learn more about our retainer repair in Wellington, Florida
If you are interested in learning more about our retainer repair in Wellington please feel free to give us a call at 561-762-6200 to schedule a no cost consultation.