The Pros and Cons of Damon Braces in Wellington, Florida
Damon braces can be a fabulous alternative to traditional braces. They’re typically less clunky, and since they’re self-litigating, you can get your teeth straightened in fewer appointments. But is the Damon System the best route for you?
To help you make this important decision, we’ve put together some of the main pros and cons in regards to the Damon System braces. Before you jump into treatment with Damon braces in Wellington, please carefully consider your options and let us help you determine the best course of action.
The Pros of Damon Braces
1. More comfortable. Because Damon braces are self-litigating, they’re typically much more comfortable than the traditional bands and brackets. There’s less friction involved in the treatment process because the wire is able to slide smoothly through the slot in each bracket.
2. Less force in movement. The Damon system uses gentle force to move teeth naturally into place. Traditional braces can potentially cause erosion due to the strong force used to move teeth. Damon braces greatly minimize this risk.
3. Faster results. The reduced friction and efficient pressure of Damon braces allows the teeth to move more quickly into place. In many cases, this reduces the required treatment time – meaning you’ll be out of braces sooner!
4. Less time-consuming. Since Damon braces don’t need to be “tightened” like traditional braces, you won’t need to make nearly as many visits to your orthodontist. While your progress should still be monitored, your visits will be far less frequent.
The Cons of Damon Braces
1. Initial Pain. The first few days in Damon braces can be pretty painful. The pain recedes after a few days, but you should be prepared for some discomfort at first.
2. Higher Price. Damon braces are typically a little more expensive than traditional braces; however, they’re generally quite a bit cheaper than Invisalign.
3. Fixed Brackets. Damon braces are still fixed to the teeth – they’re not removable. Of course, we do offer a clear version that’s more aesthetically pleasing if you don’t like the idea of a “metal mouth.”
Schedule a Free consultation to see is Damon braces are right for you.
If you think Damon braces might be right for you, give us a call and schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Danny Bass at Family Orthodontics in Wellington. He will talk through your options and develop a treatment plan that fits your needs perfectly.