Why Orthodontics is Important
Many folks assume that orthodontic treatment is about little more than appearance. In reality, there’s a lot more to it than that. In fact, orthodontics is a fairly crucial part of good dental health. At Family Orthodontics, we see the benefits of good orthodontic care every day. We see our patients grow healthier, happier and more confident as their teeth and jaws are aligned properly.
Sure, a nice benefit of orthodontic treatment is a beautiful smile, but there are many more reasons why orthodontics is important. Orthodontics is a specialized field of dental care that is focused exclusively on diagnosing and treating irregularities in the teeth, jaw and facial structure. By improving or repairing irregularities like crowded teeth, crooked teeth, protruding teeth, and bad jaw alignment, we can provide our patients with better dental health and a far greater quality of life.
Many folks figure that if they can chew and talk fine, there’s no reason to fix their crooked teeth. What they don’t realize is that orthodontics goes beyond basic or adequate oral function. Here are just a few key reasons why orthodontics is important for everyone:
– Orthodontic treatment will greatly reduce the risk of gum disease and tooth decay by making it easier to clean your teeth properly.
– Orthodontic treatment can prevent your teeth from getting chipped or broken due to misalignment.
– Orthodontic treatment can prevent your teeth from being worn down prematurely or excessively.
– Orthodontic treatment can reduce stress, tension and pain in the jaw, neck and face if you suffer from a misaligned jaw.
– Orthodontic treatment can restore full oral function in regards to speaking, breathing and chewing.
Of course, a huge benefit of orthodontic treatment is aesthetics. Many people avoid smiling because of crooked or crowded teeth. There’s no need to suffer embarrassment because there’s a simple, practical solution.
Our orthodontic care includes:
– and so much more.
Give us a call today at 561-762-6200, and talk to one of our caring staff about why orthodontics is important for all ages. We love to help our patients understand more about dental care, and we’d love to work with you to create a smile you can be proud of.